Location: Leduc, Alberta Canada
Based in Leduc, AB, this position has responsibility for developing Ulterra’s line of matrix and steel body bit designs. Implementation of new designs & technologies will increase the performance and diversity of Ulterra’s line of drill bits. The successful designer will, in conjunction with the Applications Engineer, develop design specifications which the designer will translate to a 3D computer model, with associated drawings. The Designer analyzes the model and makes appropriate modifications. Additional tasks such as production & sales support, failure analysis, new technology introduction and performance analysis are required as necessary. Exceptional problem-solving skills, creative thinking and parametric modeling experience are critical for this position.
- Develop design parameters in conjunction with Applications Engineering.
- Complete design work, including necessary drawings & traceability data within allotted timeframe.
- Design work limited to changes not affecting the cutting structure.
- Ensure internal & external customer needs are met.
- Provide technical support to manufacturing & sales teams
- Support a continuous improvement environment.
- Issuing & tracking of Engineering Change Notices, as well as documentation in Enterprise PDM
- Comply with & uphold Ulterra Health, Safety, Security & Environmental policies
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Petroleum Engineering at a recognized college or university, or equivalent.
- APEGA accreditation required.
- 2+ years related design experience preferred
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Able to work well independently
- Creative thinking
- Parametric modeling, SolidWorks preferred.
- Experience in Oil & Gas industry is an asset
- Skilled in written & oral communication
- Efficient with Microsoft Office
- Good team player
- Excellent starting hourly wage to commensurate with qualifications and experience!
- Paid vacation days!
- A great work atmosphere and a family-friendly environment!
- Bonus pay
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program